Shopping Tips New York: 5th Avenue, Macy’s & Westfield
Becoming a model in New York – Exuberant outlet shopping at brands like Levi’s, Adidas and Valentino or rather magnificent shopping malls and shopping streets with Gucci stores and Louis Vuitton shops? New York is the city of fashion and is known worldwide for this label! If you like to go shopping in the most amazing and high-end designer stores, you can find your favorite malls and shopping streets here.
Shopping in New York: The best shopping streets and malls
In NYC you have almost everything in one place and you’re sure to find it – from the best jewelers to the highest quality designers for accessories and clothing! If you want to know on which streets and in which malls you can spend your time shopping, then read on here, we as a model agency have the hottest tips for you in New York:
5th Avenue: Armani, Prada, Apple
5th Avenue is a street in Manhattan and is one of the most famous in the world. It begins at Washington Square Park at the 6th Street level and then runs through all of Midtown Manhattan. Fifth Avenue forms the eastern boundary of Central Park and ends in Harlem at 142nd Street. With its high rental prices, it is the most expensive street in the world – that’s why you’ll mainly find flagship stores of the really big brands like Armani, Apple, Gucci, Prada, Fendi and Co. on this street, some of which found their place on 5th Avenue a long time ago.
4.8 / 5.0 (70 reviews on Google)
5th Avenue at a glance:
- Feature: most expensive road in the world
- Flagship stores of brands like Gucci, Prada, Fendi & Co.
- Length: 1o km
Madison Avenue: Alexander Mcqueen, Dolce & Gabbana, Celine
Madison Avenue runs as a one-way street through Manhattan – from Madison Square in the south to Harlem River Drive, where it becomes the Madison Avenue Bridge. Somewhat less famous than 5th Avenue, you can still find high-end shops like Alexander Mcqueen, Dolce & Gabbana or Celine here. Madison Avenue is popular for various advertising agencies that have settled in this street. Today, the name Madison Avenue is also a metonym for the American advertising industry.
4.9 / 5.0 (7 reviews on Google)
Madison Avenue summarized:
- Special feature: well-known advertising agencies are located here
Stores like Alexander Mcqueen, Dolce & Gabbana or Celine
- Length: 9.7 km
Macy’s Herald Square: Makeup, Bags & Fashion
Macy’s Herald Square is a Macy’s department store chain located in Herald Square in Manhattan, New York City. With 198,500 square meters, it is the largest department store in the US and one of the largest in the world. Here you can find everything from makeup, bags and accessories to the latest fashion.
4.4 / 5.0 (53,866 ratings on Google)
Macy’s at a glance:
- Special feature: largest shopping mall in the USA
- Address: 151 W 34th St, New York, NY 10001, United States
- Opening hours: Mon-Thu from 11:00-20:00, Fri from 11:00-21:00, Sat from 10:00-21:00, Sun from 11:00-20:00.
Chelsea Market: Restaurants & small shops
Chelsea Market is a food hall, shopping mall, office building and television production facility in Manhattan. Here you will find restaurants and food stalls as well as many small shops, some of which sell very high-quality goods.
4.5 / 5.0 (36,436 ratings on Google)
Chelsea Market at a glance:
- Special feature: huge selection of culinary variety and small shops
- Address: 75 9th Ave, New York, NY 10011, United States
- Opening hours: Mon-Sat from 07:00-02:00, Sun from 08:00-22:00
Woodbury Common Premium Outlets: Sneaker Bargains
Woodbury Common Premium Outlets is an outlet center located in the Central Valley. The name of the outlet comes from the location. It is a mall with various designer stores, which are distributed under the open sky. Here you can find everything from Levis shirts and Adidas sneakers to Valentino designer bags.
4.5 / 5.0 (20,551 ratings on Google)
Woodbury Common Premium Outlets summarized:
- Special feature: lots of designer outlets under the open sky
- Address: 498 Red Apple Ct, Central Valley, NY 10917, United States.
- Opening hours: Mon-Thu from 11:00-19:00, Fri-Sat from 10:00-20:00, Sun from 11:00-19:00.
Brookfield Place: High-end luxury
Brookfield Place, also called the World Financial Center, is a building complex in New York City at the southern tip of Manhattan. The mall looks very chic with its rounded glass roof, the palm trees in the building and the many windows. From high-end brands like Gucci and Hermes to absolute gourmet restaurants, you’ll get a taste of the extra class here.
4.6 / 5.0 (13,912 ratings on Google)
Brookfield Place at a glance:
- Special feature: very chic shopping centre with stores like Gucci & Hermes
- Address: 230 Vesey St, New York, NY 10281, United States
- Opening hours: Mon-Sat from 10:00-20:00, Sun from 12:00-18:00
Shops at Columbus Circle: Mac, Sephora, H&M & Co.
The Shops at Columbus Circle results in an upscale shopping center in the Time Warner Center, a complex of skyscrapers in Manhattan. The mall is located on Columbus Circle next to the southwest corner of Central Park. Here you’ll find Mac and Sephora as well as basics like H&M.
4.4 / 5.0 (7,560 ratings on Google)
The Columbus Circle at a glance:
- Feature: a hyped mall surrounded by Manhattan’s skyscrapers
- Address: 10 Columbus Cir, New York, NY 10019, United States
- Opening hours: Mon-Sun 11:00-19:00
Manhattan Mall: in the heart of Manhattan
The Manhattan Mall is a rather small mall only half a block away from the Empire State Building – so very central! It is located at 33rd Street and Sixth Avenue in the heart of Midtown Manhattan and in the immediate vicinity you will find, for example, Madison Square Garden, Penn Station, the Empire State Building and many luxury hotels.
4.0 / 5.0 (7,768 ratings on Google)
Manhattan Mall summarized:
- Special feature: direct proximity to Madison Square Garden, Penn Station & Empire State Building
- Address: 100 W 33rd St, New York, NY 10001, United States
- Opening hours: Mon-Sat from 09:00-21:30, Sun from 10:00-20:30
Hudson Yards: Cartier to Zara
Hudson Yards into a shopping mall with restaurants and shops in New York City. Cartier, Louis Vuitton, Coach and Dior line up door to door with many other luxury labels, but mainstream stores like Zara and Uniqlo are also represented here. In the center you have a great view of “The Vessel” – a great place to drink coffee!
4.5 / 5.0 (1,879 ratings on Google)
Hudson Yards at a glance:
- Special feature: modern shopping mall with luxury labels as well as mainstream shops
- Address: 20 Hudson Yards, New York, NY 10001, United States
- Opening hours: Mon-Sun 11:00-19:00
Westfield Mall: Hugo Boss, Kate Spade & Kiehl’s
Westfield World Trade Center is a shopping mall located in the World Trade Center complex in Manhattan. The mall opened on August 16, 2016 as the largest shopping complex in Manhattan with 125 retail spaces. With its special architecture in white, this mall is a real eye-catcher. Brands like Apple, Hugo Boss, Kate Spade, Kiehl’s or Sephora have set up a store here.
4.6 / 5.0 (205 ratings on Google)
The Westfield Mall at a glance:
- Special feature: unusual architecture and modern, clean design
- Address: 185 Greenwich Street, Manhattan, New York 10007
- Opening hours: Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat from 11:00-19:00, Sun from 12:00-18:00, Tuesday closed.
New York – Shopping experience of a special kind
You could spend days shopping in the Big Apple – whether in one of the largest malls in the world, architectural works of art, modern and luxurious shopping malls or on the eternally long shopping streets of New York. Try it out and discover which is your favorite shopping spot in New York City!