Video casting / e-casting: What is it?
Video casting, also known as e-casting, is a modern method in the modeling industry in which models create self-shot videos to introduce themselves to potential clients or modeling agencies. These videos serve to show your charm, your skills and your presence in moving images. In video casting, you can film yourself on your smartphone or a camera and then submit the video electronically.
Important, you don’t need a professional video, so be quick and send us your casting video on time.
Fast and practical shooting on the move
E-castings are extremely convenient as they allow you to apply online without having to physically attend a casting. This allows you to take advantage of casting opportunities all over the world, regardless of your location.
The videos may vary depending on the requirements of the casting. Sometimes you will be asked to simply introduce yourself and share your basic information, while in other cases specific scenes or poses may be required.
Casting videos: 3 examples
- Casting video fashion show: Short introduction and a walk
- Casting video e-commerce: Short introduction and posing(facial expressions, not full body)
- Casting video commercial: Short introduction and short play scene (be angry and shout into the camera or be in love, show that, as an example)
Every video starts with your introduction. You shoot such a model introduction video more often. In contrast to the video casting that you shoot for a specific casting or job, you can use the general introduction video more often.
Video example: Good video for castings
Here is a nice, simple video example from YouTube:
Quick tips for your next video casting
Here are the 8 quick tips for preparing for an e-casting (models) in short bullet points:
- Suitable background: Choose a decent background
- Good light: ensure even, bright light
- Stability: Use a tripod or stable base
- Matching outfits: Wear outfits according to the requirements
- Follow the instructions: Follow the casting instructions exactly
- Different shots: Take several shots from different angles
- Camera settings: Set the camera correctly
- File formats: Check the required file formats and sizes, and always pay attention to whether you should film in landscape or portrait format
Live castings: what you need to know
Sometimes, especially in the big cities, there are also live castings, where you have to prove yourself on location, in agencies or at the client’s premises. Learn more about live casting here.
Become a model: Learn quickly
Back to the overview:
Are you thinking about becoming a model? Perfect! Apply online now in just a few seconds. It’s really easy. A few details about yourself, 2-3 photos with your smartphone and your application is ready.
We want you! Click here:
The Model Book: Your roadmap
Do you already know “The Model Book” by CM?
Discover the secrets of the modeling world in “The Model Book” now on Amazon and free as a podcast! From mental toughness to haute couture, it’s your guide to success in the industry.
Learn more about:
Modeling and becoming a model – now in bookstores
On Amazon > The Model Book
- Mental strength as a model
- Find the perfect modeling agency
- Agency application
- Set up model folder
- Test shoots with photographers
- Castings and e-castings
- Photo shoots
- Showroom, fashion show and trade fair
- Beauty tips for models
- Healthy living
- Fashion history
- Haute couture and pret-a-porter
- Modeling abroad
Buy > The Model Book